The Med Surg/Ortho Charge Nurse is responsible and accountable for the quality of staff and functions during their shift. Assists the Department Director in the daily operations of the unit, directing, supervising and evaluating personnel, ensuring the proper use of time, equipment and resources. Ensures the efficient functions of the department . Performs direct patient care, only as needed, within the scope of practice. Continually assesses patient care and directs staff to make necessary changes in the plan of care. Effectively communicates with physicians and staff to ensure positive patient outcomes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Current and valid state RN License
2. Current BLS (AHA) upon hire and maintain current.
3. Current ACLS (AHA) 30 days upon of hire and maintain current.
4. Bachelor Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred. RN-C within 2 years of hire preferred.
5. PALS within 30 days of hire for units that admit pediatric patients
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf