Mission Regional Medical Center is a 297-bed, not for profit, acute-care community hospital, and member of the Prime Healthcare Foundation, a 501(c)3 public charity. Mission Regional offers inpatient and outpatient acute medical care to all members of the community. The hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and is recognized for excellence in orthopedic surgery and women’s health care services.
Under the direction and authorization of the medical director and cardiopulmonary director/manager, the RCP I is responsible for performing respiratory therapeutic and pulmonary diagnostic procedures as ordered by the physician. Emphasis will be toward the assessment, planning, implementation and documentation of care, with consideration of age and population specific needs and requirements of the patient. In the absence of a supervisor, may be assigned/identified as Lead RCP, having responsibility for the section or department during their shift.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. State Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) License required
2. Current BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. 2 years experience as a RCP preferred.
4. ACLS certificate within 60 days of hire and maintain current
5. NRP certificate preferred
6. PALS certificate within 60 days of hire and maintain current.
7. Associate Degree or Bachelor of Science degree preferred
8. High School Diploma or equivalent is required
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf