The Manager of Infection Control supervises, assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the hospital surveillance, prevention/control of infection management. Assists with policy and procedure development and implementation while maintaining CDC, OSHA, TJC or AOA HFAP/DHS/CMS and other regulatory agency directives. Acts as a primary education consultant to hospital employees, physicians, patients, volunteers and visitors in safe Infection Control/Prevention practices. Coordinates all hospital infection control activities and interventions with the Pharmacy, Therapeutics, Nutrition and Infection Control (PTNIC) Committee, Medical Staff and hospital employees. Responds to potential exposures by communicating with patients, physicians, employees and regulatory agencies. Supervises the Employee Health Nurse and assists in coordinating the hospital employee health and workman’s comp program. Performs safety rounds of the physical plant to ensure basic Infection Control/Prevention and safety practices are adhered to in all hospital departments in order to maintain a safe environment for patients, physicians, volunteers, visitors and hospital employees.
Education and Work Experience
1. Graduate from an accredited school with a Bachelors degree in nursing, epidemiology, microbiology, public health or other life science related field. Masters degree preferred.
2. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. Minimum of two (2) years experience in acute care setting with at least one (1) year in infection control or employee health, required.
4. APIC membership or other Infection Prevention Organization required upon acceptance.
5. Successful completion of formal APIC courses in Infection Control desirable.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf