The scheduler is directly accountable to the Office Supervisor. The Scheduler routinely schedules tests/procedure cases for all patients where services occur as a scheduled event. Ensures that accurate, complete and thorough patient demographics are entered into the computer system, including insurance and authorizations if applicable. Must be able to work independently.
This position is in Overland Park Kansas
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. High School Graduate or GED Equivalent Required
2. Knowledge of multiple insurance authorization requirements
3. 1-2 year previous experience in a hospital environment preferred
4. Knowledge of medical terminology
5. Effective written and verbal communication skills
6. Ability to multi-task, prioritize needs to meet required timelines
7. Analytical and problem-solving skills
8. Customer Services experience required
9. Strong clerical and computer skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf