The Oncology Nurse Navigator is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operations of the Cancer Program including referral development, marketing, and patient guidance. The Nurse Navigator primary function is to guide the patients through the healthcare system with access issues, developing relationships with the service providers, and tracking interventions and outcomes. The Nurse Navigator is responsible for the administrative coordination of all clinical and support services for the program. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, the Nurse Navigator works collaboratively with other members to assure safe and accurate delivery of care. In addition, the Nurse Navigator serves as a resource for technical services in a cross-functional mode to comprehensively serve patient needs. The Oncology Nurse Navigator assumes responsibility for the coordination of performance improvement activities in collaboration with the hospital quality and performance improvement department. The Nurse Navigator Coordinator will make decisions regarding activities in the area of responsibility based on Center of Excellence criteria in collaboration with the Program Medical Director and Hospital Administration.
The Oncology Nurse Navigator works closely with the Program Medical Director, program staff, physicians, patients, patient’s families, and the community to develop and manage strong relationships and business development activities of the division, including physician and community relations programs. Responsible for achieving goals and providing regular progress reports to Director, and Executive leadership as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Current and valid state RN License.
2. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) strongly preferred.
3. Minimum of 3 years in related field preferred.
4. Public speaking experience in both large and small groups, preferred. 5. Strong problem-solving, priority-setting, and decision-making skills.
6. Program planning and/or project management experience and evaluation strongly
7. Computer skills required
8. Critical thinking skills required. Must be autonomous and self-driven. Must be able to work well independently and with others.
9. Demonstrated competencies include: Costumer Focus, Problem-Solving, Strategy Development, Performance Reporting and Marketing.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf