Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, the patient Sitter maintains constant visual observation of assigned patient. Assists in the provision of a safe and clean environment. Communicates observations of the patient’s activity and behavior on a regular basis to the assigned nurse. Communicates in a professional manner and demonstrates respect for patient, families/significant other and other health care members. Offers support to peers and staff.
Education and Work Experience
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer skills.
3. Ability to communicate in English orally and in writing.
4. Within 90 days be eligible to participate in a C.N.A. Training program.
5. BLS (AHA) certification required.
6. Current Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate or obtain within 30 days of hire and maintain current.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf