The Patient Care Assistant II (PCA II) is an unlicensed person who performs indirect care in the department setting. The PCA II is responsible to monitor cardiac rhythms via direct cardiac monitor. May assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to all patients and assists in maintenance of a safe environment under the direction and supervision of the RN and within the scope of the Patient Care Assistant I (PCA I) job description as long as the activity does not distract from primary responsibility for dysrhythmia monitoring.
Education and Work Experience
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Current Dysrhythmia Interpretation Certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current
4. Six months previous experience as Monitor Technician preferred.
5. Current Phlebotomy certification upon hire, preferred.
6. Current EKG certification upon hire, preferred.
7. Possesses knowledge of Medical Terminology.
8. Minimum six months previous experience in an acute care hospital or physicias office preferred.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
1. Current Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6 months of hire and maintain current per facility requirement.We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf