The IT Project Management Office is responsible for setting the standards for Prime IT projects by defining and managing the project/program governance processes for all IT projects regarding project scoping & planning, new project intake & approval process, prioritizing, tracking, project communication, project documentation and reporting project status. With direction from the Corporate CIO, the PMO is responsible for institutionalize project life cycle methodology and management of the overall IT project portfolio.
The Senior Telecom Project Manager will support the IT PMO Manager in managing and directing on-going Telecom projects and programs for Prime Healthcare. As a Sr PM, this position is expected to undertake more complex projects/programs in terms of difficulty and project size. The Sr PM will able be expected to provide guidance, mentoring and direction to the more junior members of the PMO team.
He/she will be running the day-to-day coordination of Telecom projects and programs, in accordance with the established PMO standards. The Sr Telecom PM is responsible to ensure all projects are properly documented and implemented in accordance to the approved project charter until the project/program is reassigned, cancelled or completed.
The Sr Telecom PM is responsible for reporting and communicating the status of all their assigned project/programs, on a weekly basis to all business stakeholders, PMO Manager and IT Leadership. Project financial tracking and analysis will be monitored and reported, where information is able.
This position is expected to be a self-starter needing little guidance and direction to manage their assigned projects/programs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Eight (8) or more years of applicable work experience within project management with a proven track record.
2. Bachelor’s degree with some college course work in telecommunications or Ayaya technical certifications.
3. Required certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) from PMI, or equivalent using PMI methodology
4. Understanding and experience with various project management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.)
5. Experience managing both operational and technical telecom projects/programs in all levels of complexity and size
6. Strong knowledge of design, and hands-on ability, to assist the architecture, administration, maintenance, and provision of Avaya PBX system (s87xx and LSP’s) and associated gateways
7. Hands-on experience in scoping, planning, analysis, technical design, development, implementation, evaluation and/or support of new and existing PBX
8. Experience in administration of PBX functions (ARS, Call Routing, FAC, COS, etc.)
9. Hands-on experience working with enterprise-level contact center solutions including PBX/ACD call routing and workflow management
10. Experience engineering and administration of Avaya VoIP technologies
11. Hands-on experience with Spectralink and Nurse Call system integrations
12. Migrations experience, preferably from Nortel/Mitel/NEC
13. Strong computer skills including Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and MS Project
14. Strong written and oral communication skills are a must
15. Occasionally works at night, weekends, holidays and some travel may be required.
1. Knowledge of healthcare industry and hospital operations preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf