Join our team of dedicated professionals who provide services and operational support to award winning hospitals through roles in supply chain, IT and cybersecurity, clinical engineering, capital procurement, medical coding, project management and more. We provide services to clinically excellent community hospitals across the country that are dedicated to ensuring quality, compassionate care for every patient, every time.
The Regional Manager - Biomed is responsible for overall direction and execution of Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP) at the hospitals in the designated region. Leads the team of Area Managers, Account Managers, Account Coordinators, Biomedical Technicians and Biomed Support/Interns in the Biomedical engineering department for the allocated region. The individual is responsible for working with the Corporate team / Divisional Manager to develop financial and operational plans for the assigned region. Assists in recruiting, training and developing a highly motivated and dedicated team of Account Managers. Provides guidance, leadership and coaching to the Biomed team that aligns with Prime Healthcare’s vision, missions and goals. Is in charge of conducting meetings at least once every month, setting goals for the region and reviewing the progress of his/her team. Review and approve employee time, attendance and payroll data from time sheets. Serves as a project team member on project implementations; independently completing assigned tasks of medium to high complexity resulting in successful and on-time projects. Serves as a primary liaison for all Hospital Executive Leadership and the Corporate Team on all medical equipment technology issues for the region. Directs the Biomedical Department during regulatory inspections like The Joint Commission (TJC), DNV-GL, Hospital Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP), and Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), College of American Pathologists (CAP) and any other applicable State regulatory agencies. Responsible for communicating and ensuring compliance with changes in regulations, policies and procedures set by national and state regulatory bodies to the team. Responsible for working with the corporate team to audit, review and negotiate contracts with OEM and third party service vendors. In charge of allocating resources as necessary to hospitals within the region as needed to ensure smooth day to day operations. Serves as a technical advisor to the clinical staff for the safe operation and proper use of medical equipment. To ensure that the onsite staff understand and follow all company policies and procedures. Responsible to ensure that all scheduled work is accomplished on time, customer needs are met, and the day-to-day operations impacting revenue are communicated as needed and appropriate resources are utilized to minimize any service interruptions. Collaborates and maintains positive relationships with customers. Pride and professionalism, as well as technical expertise, must be exhibited at all times for the success of all concerned. Maintains a department "culture" that is patient-focused and participates in teamwork, quality, integrity and professional growth upholding the Prime Healthcare Mission and Vision at all times. Provides a positive representation of Bio-Medical Services, Inc. by integrating core values into job performance.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Master’s degree in Biomedical Engineering or related discipline with 2 years of experience or alternatively Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience required.
2. Experience working in very complex organization structures (combination of Administration, Engineering, Operations, IT and Medical professionals).
3. Experience in analyzing life-cycle of medical equipment required. In particular demonstrated knowledge in undertaking in-house maintenance/service contract assessments and asset utilization studies.
4. Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, electro-mechanical and electronic fundamentals, medical equipment function and operation, safety in healthcare facilities, and medical equipment troubleshooting required.
5. Process improvement skills preferred.
6. Strong knowledge of TJC, DNV, HFAP, CAP, NFPA, CMS, HIPAA and other applicable standards and regulations required.
7. Strong leadership, team building, coaching/staff development and interpersonal skills.
8. Strong planning and organization, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
9. Ability to analyze complex problems and recommend solution.
10. Good general business skills, high degree of confidentiality, maturity, tactfulness and business ethics. High degree of self-motivation, commitment and integrity.
11. Strong written and verbal communications skills
12. Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
13. Ability to write reports and make presentations on operational and technical issues.
14. Strong computer skills (MS Office, Clinical applications, CMMS systems).
15. Ability to troubleshoot, read schematics and/or blue prints.
16. Field related technical certifications (like A+, CBET, CCE or CHTM) preferred
17. Valid driver’s license required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf