At Landmark Medical Center, our dedicated team of professionals are committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community. As a member of Prime Healthcare, Landmark Medical Center is actively seeking new members to join its award-winning team!
Landmark Medical Center is a 214-bed acute care hospital in Woonsocket, RI and The Rehabilitation Hospital of Rhode Island is an 82-bed rehabilitation hospital in North Smithfield, RI. The hospital has been “A”rated for patient safety by The Leapfrog Group and has received numerous Healthgrades awards for patient safety excellence, heart care, and orthopedics. Originally known as the "Woonsocket Hospital," Landmark Medical Center has been serving the communities of northern Rhode Island and southern Massachusetts since 1873. Learn more at www.landmarkmedical.org.
This position focuses on engaging patients with substance use disorders and provides individualized support, motivational interviewing, and navigation to addiction treatment, harm reduction, and other community services to address health-related social needs. The CPRS should be a dynamic, motivated individual with thorough knowledge of local social services and community resources. The goal is to provide navigational and peer support services to patients who present for a substance use related visit. The PRS should have an understanding of social determinants of health and health behaviors.
1. High school diploma or GED and a combination of education and skills to effectively carry out responsibilities and assignments; such as previous experience working in a community-based setting.
2. Current certification as a Peer Recovery Specialist in Rhode Island, preferred.
3. Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred.
4. Experience working with health care systems, substance use treatment programs, and/or community-based organizations.
5. Experience with motivational interviewing, advising/counseling clients, and/or participating in health promotion and health education activities
6. Demonstrated experience working with Electronic Health Records, computers, Microsoft Office applications and other technology.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Excellent organizational skills, thorough record-keeping, follow through and the ability to juggle multiple priorities in fast-paced environment with multiple collaborators.
9. Valid driver's license, excellent driving record and reliable personal transportation.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf