Join an award-winning team of dedicated professional committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community! Paradise Valley Hospital, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
For more than 115 years, Paradise Valley Hospital, a member of Prime Healthcare, has served San Diego, and we are proud of our heritage of providing programs and services to meet the changing needs of our community. Today, our 291-bed, acute care hospital is the only San Diego hospital to be named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures five years in a row by The Joint Commission. Paradise Valley has received the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award nine years in a row (2014-2022). The hospital offers emergency services, wound healing and hyperbaric medicine, acute rehabilitation, behavioral health services, community wellness programs, senior services and more. For information, visit www.ParadisevalleyHospital.com
Manager Nursing - Psych - Bayview Behaviorial Health Facility.
Supervise, coordinate and evaluate nursing care in the Behavioral Health unit, in accordance with the Registered Nurse Practice Act, Standard of Practice and facility policies and procedures. Collaborate with the Program Director in the implementation of the philosophy and objectives for Behavioral Health. Supervise/coordinate all nursing activities to achieve and maintain efficient and competent nursing practices and promote harmonious relationships among personnel supervised, medical staff, patients and internal customers. Define and prioritize goals for self and subordinates. Evaluate performance of nursing personnel and nursing care and suggests modifications. Oversees the provision of patient care for adults and older adult patients.
1. Coordinates and supervises all nursing activities to assure the implementation of the nursing process in all aspects of patient care.
2. Coordinates and supervises all other disciplines and employees.
3. Promotes harmonious relationships among personnel supervised, medical staff, and patients, internal and external customers.
4. Directs and supervises complex patient care situations and complex patient care problems.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate discharge planning process and works collaboratively with personnel and supervises the treatment team to facilitate the process, in appropriate time frames.
6. Prioritizes work and ensures that basic care is provided promptly and efficiently in a holistic manner.
7. Ensures that the nursing process for the patient is modified and appropriately implemented for the patient’s age, physical, psychosocial and cultural needs.
8. Oversee the monitoring of documentation in patient’s medical records to assure accuracy and completeness, including physician signatures.
9. Reviews performance improvement program results with Program Director and nursing staff.
10. Acts as liaison and resource person with families and physicians.
11. Is responsible for oversight of employee competency assessments and demonstration.
12. Participates in the planning and implementation of the orientation program to the unit for all levels of personnel.
13. Promotes staff accountability for attending unit, department, and hospital in-service programs.
14. Identifies professional performance goals and objectives and creates performance plans to achieve them.
15. Utilizes resources (supplies, equipment, etc.) in a safe, cost effective and therapeutic manner.
16. Collaborates with the Program Director in the implementation of the philosophy and objectives for Behavioral Health Services.
17. Responsible for maintaining current policies and procedures.
18. Participates in the budget process by identifying needs for more efficient patient care and overseeing proper documentation in the Medical Record.
19. Demonstrates clinical skills at expected level of competency with the ability to interpret and intervene in complex situations.
20. Participates in Performance Improvement/ Risk Management activities by identifying issues that impede patient care, participating in solutions, collecting and trending data to improve how patient care is delivered in the Behavioral Health program.
21. Demonstrates knowledge and application of principles of safety, infection control, hazardous material waste program and standard precautions, performance improvement, and information management, by completing the annual review process.
22. Ensures that units are in compliance with deemed agency and other regulatory standards.
23. Actively participates, or assures departmental representation, in Nursing Committee and Hospital meetings. Attends Nursing Leadership/Hospital Leadership meetings and shares information with staff.
24. Communicates unit activities to the CNO/DON on a regular basis.
25. Establishes comprehensive system for ensuring communication to all personnel regarding memorandums, policies, procedures, etc.
26. Documents monthly staff meetings.
27. Oversees development of staff schedule and communicates changes with personnel and Nursing Supervisors.
28. Maintains ongoing communication with peers and CNO/DON regarding major planned directions and changes.
29. Investigates events as needed, with appropriate follow-up and reporting to the CNO/DON as well as other departments, as appropriate.
30. Reviews cumulative Incident Reports and takes appropriate corrective action and follows up as needed.
31. Initiates staff participation in resolving problem areas and/or trends as identified by Risk Management/Safety Coordinators.
32. Initiates and participates in process improvement and special projects, as appropriate.
33. Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf