At North Vista Hospital, our dedicated team of professionals are committed to our core values of quality, compassion, and community. As a member of Prime Healthcare, a Top-15 hospital system in the United States, North Vista Hospital is actively seeking new members to join its award-winning team!
North Vista Hospital is an accredited 177-bed state-of-the-art hospital located in North Las Vegas, Nevada. North Vista offers comprehensive healthcare services, including mental health care, emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, diagnostic imaging and help for a broad range of medical conditions. Equipped with advanced medical technology and staffed by a team of highly skilled healthcare professionals, North Vista is committed to providing high-quality care in a friendly hospital environment. The hospital has achieved numerous quality award distinctions including Patient Safety Excellence Award, Bariatric Surgery Excellence Award, Heart Failure recognition and more. For more information, please visit www.northvistahospital.com.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of safe patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides direct patient care within the scope of practice. The Registered Nurse also directs and guides patient/family teaching and activities of other nursing personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing care in Telemetry. The Registered Nurse is directly responsible and accountable for the care given to his/her patients in the Emergency Department. He / She communicates with the physician about the changes in the patient’s clinical condition including results of the diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is capable of responding quickly and accurately to changes in the condition and/or response to treatment. Is knowledgeable about EMTALA regulations and reporting of child/adult abuse to appropriate agencies and Hospital Social Worker. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Current and valid state RN License.
2. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. Current ACLS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
4. Current PALS (AHA) certificate and/or ENPC 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
5. Minimum of one year experience as a staff nurse RN in an acute care hospital setting; E.R. setting preferred.
6. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred.
7. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
8. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6 months of hire and maintain current annually.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
1. At least 2 years of acute care experience
2. Work expectations are 8 six-hour shift/month with at least 4 on the weekend
3. In Paramedic Base Station ED: MICN within 12 months of hire and maintain current.
4. EDAP certified facilities: Completion of emergency pediatric course 1 and 2 within 6 months of hire.
5. Non OB facilities: NRP (AHA) certificate 90 days upon hire and maintain current.
6. Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNNC) within 12 months of hire required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf