Prime Healthcare is an award-winning health system headquartered in Ontario, California. Prime Healthcare operates 45 hospitals and has more than 300 outpatient locations in 14 states providing more than 2.6 million patient visits annually. It is one of the nation’s leading health systems with nearly 50,000 employees and physicians. Fourteen of the Prime Healthcare hospitals are members of the Prime Healthcare Foundation, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit public charity. Prime Healthcare is actively seeking new members to join our corporate team!
The Senior Manager assists and supports the Director of Process Improvement by effectively managing various system-wide process improvement projects that support high priority organizational objectives pertaining to different areas of revenue cycle such as patient access, patient account billing and collections, coding issues, and others. Creates process documents, design/re-design process flows, prepare project reports and memoranda. Conducts proactive research, identifies process-level issues contributing to denied or delayed reimbursements by utilizing a combination of data analytics and patient account-level review methods, and makes proposals for process improvements. Manages multiple highly complex projects within a fast-paced corporate environment. Senior Manager needs to coordinate with different onshore and offshore stakeholders of revenue cycle.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Four-year bachelor’s degree, major in medical sciences, dentistry, pharmacy, healthcare management, or related field.
2. Eight (8) years of experience in revenue cycle in a U.S. hospital/health system setting.
3. Alternatively, two-year master’s degree, major in healthcare management or related field plus five (5) years of experience in revenue cycle in a U.S. hospital/health system setting.
4. Industry certifications in hospital revenue cycle operations (e.g., CRCR)
5. Ability to perform project management
6. Excellent written and verbal business communication skills. Excellent critical thinking skills
7. Excellent interpersonal skills to build effective partnering relationships with revenue cycle staff and hospital management staff.
8. Hands-on experience with electronic medical record applications (e.g., Epic, MediTech)
9. Working knowledge of healthcare reimbursement methodologies and operational models.
10. Ability to build and lead sustainable teams.
11. Typing speed with a minimum of 40 words per minutes
12. Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Visio
13. Willingness to learn and acquire new skills as needed
1. Possess the ability to work with minimum supervision, the ability to function in a stressful environment, the ability to encourage and assist with team building.
2. Experience with database analytics (e.g., SQL Server), visual analytics (e.g., Qlik, Power Bi) in healthcare context is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf