Join an award-winning team of dedicated professionals committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community! Paradise Valley Hospital, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Paradise Valley Hospital is the South Bay’s oldest hospital, the second oldest hospital in all of San Diego County, and the largest employer in National City. For more than 100 years, Paradise Valley Hospital has served San Diego faithfully, proud of our heritage and providing numerous programs and services to meet the changing needs of our community. Our 291-bed, acute care hospital features the San Diego Spine & Joint Center, a highly credentialed acute rehabilitation center, our Paradise Health & Senior Center, a fully equipped and modern cardiac catheterization lab, and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient surgical services, and 24-hour emergency services.
In addition to our healthcare services, we offer comprehensive behavioral health services on the hospital campus and Bayview campus in Chula Vista. Services include psychiatric continuum of care for adult patients, inpatient services, and intensive outpatient services. Learn more at https://www.paradisevalleyhospital.net/.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Current and valid state RN License
2. Current BLS upon hire and maintain current.
3. Previous supervisory experience, preferred.
4. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6 months of hire and maintain current.
5. Working knowledge of Mental Health Laws, Practice Standards, interdisciplinary treatment team process, behavior health programming and daily nursing functions for inpatient and outpatient behavioral units.
6. Continuum of care for behavioral health care, preferred.
7. Receive/ maintain LPS Certification as deemed necessary.
8. Must obtain approved training on LPS statuses and patient rights and successfully pass LPS Certification exam.
9. Must have approved LPS certification prior to writing 5150 holds in designated Prime facilities.
10. LPS Professionals: Must have experience in an inpatient mental health facility per County requirements.
11. Patients Rights Education/ Competency required 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
12. Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf