Join an award-winning team of dedicated professionals committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community! Paradise Valley Hospital, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community dedicated to making a difference.
Paradise Valley Hospital is the South Bay’s oldest hospital, the second oldest hospital in all of San Diego County, and the largest employer in National City. For more than 100 years, Paradise Valley Hospital has served San Diego faithfully, proud of our heritage and providing numerous programs and services to meet the changing needs of our community. Our 291-bed, acute care hospital features the San Diego Spine & Joint Center, a highly credentialed acute rehabilitation center, our Paradise Health & Senior Center, a fully equipped and modern cardiac catheterization lab, and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient surgical services, and 24-hour emergency services.
In addition to our healthcare services, we offer comprehensive behavioral health services on the hospital campus and Bayview campus in Chula Vista. Services include psychiatric continuum of care for adult patients, inpatient services, and intensive outpatient services. Learn more at https://www.paradisevalleyhospital.net/.
SOCIAL SERVICES II: To provide emotional support, crisis intervention and counseling for Pediatrics, Adolescents, Adults, Older Adults and their significant others to cope with a multiplicity of social and emotional problems; information and referral; referrals for financial assistance and supportive services to patients and families with problems that are related to hospitalization, illness, disability or trauma. To provide case management & milieu management, complete psychosocial assessments, assist in the development and re-evaluation of Treatment Plans and work as a member of a multidisciplinary team, and to coordinate discharge planning. Complete necessary documentation and maintain clinical record for each client during his/her length of stay.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Master’s Degree in Social Work related field OR
2. Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy or related field.
3. In states without required licensure, then current registration with State Board is required within 3 months of hire. In states with required licensure, license required at time of hire and must be maintained.
4. Behavioral Violence Prevention Training within 3 months of hire and maintain current.
5. Minimum one (1) year hospital or Outpatient experience with emphasis in mental health care.
6. Experience in working with a diverse population with a wide range of problems (i.e., death and dying, maternal and child care, substance abuse, disability, chronic illness, etc.).
1. Current BCLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf